WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Throughout this online course you will study the theory of Yin Yoga and learn practical ways to incorporate it into your own practice and your classes.
You will learn anatomy of the body applied to Yin Yoga, Yin Asana, Pranayama and the core principles of meditation, along with the fundamentals of the energetic body and how to apply this knowledge into your daily life.
By the end of this course, you will have secured a solid understanding of Yin Yoga and will be able to confidently guide others in developing their own Yin Yoga practice and teachings in a safe and engaging way.
YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO…
Understand principles of Yin Yoga and how to teach in a safe way.
Use the archetypal poses and their variations.
Advance your knowledge about anatomy and the human body.
Skillfully practice and modify the Yin Yoga poses.
Identify the target area of every yoga asana.
Comprehend where you should feel the effects of the poses.
Learn how to use props during your Yin classes.
Learn how to balance a Yin and Yang Yoga practice.
Build a creative and effective Yin Yoga sequence with different options and variations.
Deepen your knowledge about the energetic body and Chakras.
Learn how to teach meditation and a pranayama session.
Create transformational Yin Yoga classes that deliver a beautiful experience.
Qualify to log an additional 50 hours training and continued education with Yoga Alliance.
The Art of Yin Yoga
- History of Yin Yoga.
- Yin Yoga theory and application.
- Stabilizing and deepening a Yin Yoga practice.
- Comparison of a Yin and Yang practice.
- Yin Asana benefits and contraindications .
- Archetypal poses and their variations.
- Appropriate use of props.
- How to create and hold a safe space.
- Developing your teaching voice.
- Sequencing Yin Yoga classes.
- Anatomy applied to Yin Yoga.
- Compression and tension theory.
- The fascia and connective tissue.
- Yin and Yang related to the body.
- The physical and subtle bodies
- The 5 koshas and energy fields.
- The chakra system and how to relate it to daily life.
- How to recognize imbalances in the subtle bodies.
- The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.
- Understanding the relaxation response
- Introduction of Yoga Nidra and application.
Pranayama & Meditation
- Qi, Prana or life–force energy.
- Nadi Shodhana and nostril breathing
- Belly breathing (diaphragmatic breathing)
- Full Yogic breath and practice.
- Long Exhale breathing.
- Bhramari humming bee breathing
- Chakra balance and meditation.
- Mindfulness awareness meditation.
- Walking meditation.
- Metta loving kindness meditation.
- Soham meditation.
- Yoga Nidra practices.
Resources and Materials
- Comprehensive 50 hour training
- Printable Color Yin Yoga Training Manual
- Full-length Yin Yoga Sessions
- Video Lectures and Presentations
- At-home workbook
- Further reading
- Kit box on how to sequence your Yin sessions
- Class sequences prepared for you to teach and practice at home or in your studio.
- Homework and final assignment
You Will Also Get…
- Lifetime access to all of the course material, including any course updates that are continually being added.
- Personalized feedback and support from Alicia for when you need some extra guidance during your training.
- Access to a beautiful community of Yin Yoga teachers around the world that you can connect with at any time to share your experiences with.
- A 50-hour certificate accredited by International Yoga Alliance upon completion of the course.
Take the first step in a new direction and begin your journey in becoming a certified Yin Yoga Teacher now.